First Baptist Church of Nokomis
Sundays @ 10:30am
Children’s ministries available for preschool through 5th grade
First Baptist Church of Hillsboro (Our Sister Church)
Sundays @ 9am
Click here for more information about FBC Hillsboro
Contact FBC Nokomis
Address: 211 E South St, Nokomis, IL 62075
What We Believe
- We believe in ONE GOD (Deut. 6:4), Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (2 Cor. 13:14; Mat. 28:19)
- We believe that JESUS CHRIST is wholly God (John 1:1) and wholly man (Hebrews 2:14), having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:34, 35). He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3; 20:24-29), Was physically resurrected (Romans 8:10,11; 1 Cor. 6:14; 1 Cor.15:20-23), and ascended into heaven (Acts 1:1-9), where he is at the right hand of God the Father (Colossians 3:1) acting as our High Priest and Advocate (Hebrews 7:25, 26; 1 John 2:1; Phil. 2:5-7).
- We believe that the HOLY SPIRIT is given to us to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ (John 16:14) and to convict humanity (John 16:8), save the sinner (John 3:5-8), indwell (1 Cor. 12:13), guide, instruct (John 14:26), and empower the believer for Godly living and service (Eph. 5:18-21).
- We believe THE BIBLE, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of God’s will for salvation, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; John 14:26; 16:12-15)
- We believe in the Sanctity of Life, that HUMANITY was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27) but fell into sin (Genesis 3) and is therefore lost (Romans 5:12-21), and only through faith in Jesus Christ, being born of the Holy Spirit can salvation be obtained (John 3:5-8).
- We believe in the physical and spiritual realities of HEAVEN and HELL. The believer will spend everlasting life and joy with the Lord (1 Cor. 15:51-53; 1 Thes. 4:13-18), while the unbeliever will go to judgment and everlasting punishment (Rev. 20:7-15).
- We believe that the CHURCH is composed of all such persons who through the power of the Holy Spirit are united together in the Body of Christ, of which He is the Head (Col. 1:18-22). Much like our physical body, it is our responsibility to grow in health and maturity until the day of Christ’s return.
- We, therefore, also believe in the personal (Acts 1:11) and imminent (Mark 13:33-37; Revelation 22:20) RETURN OF OUR LORD, JESUS and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer (Titus 2:11-14).
- We believe that BAPTISM and THE LORD’S SUPPER are ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age (Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26). They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation (Ephesians 2: 8-9).
Our Mission Partners